Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fortunately the Jarl didn't expect me to fight the dragon alone. He did send Irileth with me.

And a few other guards.





This was something I was wondering myself. All the soldiers at Helgen didn't seem to do a thing to that dragon.


Irileth didn't seem to think that mattered though. We were just to go out there and do it.




I wouldn't have expected her to be much of one for motivational speaking, but it seemed to work for these guys.

The tower wasn't too close to the town fortunately; I wouldn't want to be in charge of a populace that saw what had happened.




She sent us in to help the survivors, and figure out what was going on.

It didn't take very long for the dragon to come back.




Fortunately, it looked like our weapons were working this time. Or at least, my magics were.




It wasn't too long before it was crying uncle.




Don't quite know what "dovahkiin" means, but it seemed it was talking to me.

Then something funny happened.




This is rather like what happens with those word wall things, but this time with all the dragon's skin and flesh. I had no idea what was going on, but it looked like the Nords did.




I know the term - the later emperors until Martin Septim were all Dragonborn; but he was the last, and that was two hundred years ago. I know for a fact that I am not in any royal Imperial line.




That sure looks like it could have been what happened. Though I didn't feel any different. Still...




Everyone knows the stories of Tiber Septim and his use of the Thu'um, or Shouts, and how gifted he was with them. But I didn't know any...

Or did I? For some reason that word on the wall at Bleak Falls Barrow, FUS, suddenly meant a lot more to me, the same way I know my spells.

The guard asked me if I knew any Shouts, and when I said FUS, a pulse of force came from me. I think that clinched it. The Nords there were very impressed. Irileth, not so much. She just knew that the dragons could be killed, one way or another, and that was good enough for her. She sent me back to report to the Jarl on what had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment